Here are some o the things I\’ve been reading August 13th from 19:06 to 23:31:
- Fermoy town’s out of date website an embarrassment – News, Frontpage – Corkman.ie – Bloody brill: "town clerk Ray Owens admitted that there was no member of council staff actually trained to manage and maintain the website. "Nobody can actually do it, that's where we are falling down," said Mr Owens.
- Your Boss Doesn’t Care About ‘The Conversation’ – So what the hell IS ‘X’?
- Apps for Democracy Finland – Kansalaisosallistujan työkalut | MindTrek – Finish competition for data applications
- Social Media points the way for Corporate Website Development « Carl’s Notepad – "I see a model where corporate websites are essentially delivering packages of “information and services” into the wider Internet community or even social networks. This would essentially allow people to participate in particular topics, based on their preferred community." Carl Haggerty doing a very nice job of thinking through new council websites. Wonder if the new Birmingham one will take this into account? 😉
- Capital Funding for social media…how to get it « Policy and Performance – Nice clarification from Ingrid