These are my links for October 11th through October 19th:
- G-Cloud will save us £1.2 billion a year, says government CIO – ComputerworldUK.com – Also on procurement… “SMEs can’t afford to bid. In my opinion, that stifles innovation.
- Ordnance Survey Blog » GeoVation gets £150,000 funding boost – The funding will be used to support geography based ventures that have the greatest potential to transform how we travel – so get your thinking caps on!
- Council’s red tape cut as 4700 whitehall targets slashed – Local government – Communities and Local Government – instead of the National Indicator Set, and instead of every single department's endless demands that you measure this, that or the other, there's just going to be one list of every bit of data that Government needs."
- Pickles scraps more national targets » Communities » 24dash.com – National Indicators used to monitor council performance will be replaced with an agreed single list of Whitehall data requirements for local government. New transparency arrangements, CLG says, will make sure councils remain accountable to local people.
- DCMS Transparency Data – This transparency site is a data repository for the Department and its Arms Length Bodies.