These are my links for November 15th through November 23rd:
- Mandleson, ethics, culture, commerce and copyright law | SMLXL – Engagement Marketing and Communication principles from Alan Moore – "Replace fear of the unknown with curiosity"
- Ordnance Survey maps to go free online | Technology | guardian.co.uk – "Brown's announcement comes after Ordnance Survey said, earlier this year, that moving to a free model would cost between £500m and £1bn over the next five years. But a separate study, by a team at Cambridge University, commissioned by the Treasury, found that making all OS data free would cost the government £12m and bring a net gain of £156m."
- Do music artists fare better in a world with illegal file-sharing? — Times Labs Blog – "This is the graph the record industry doesn’t want you to see. It shows the fate of the three main pillars of music industry revenue – recorded music, live music, and PRS revenues (royalties collected on behalf of artists when their music is played in public) over the last 5 years."
- compfight + a flickr™ search tool – Very simple search engine for creative commons images on flickr
- Start | AWMist – Advantage West Midlands uses open street map to bring together different businesses. "AWMist has information about several thousand ICT and electronics businesses, research institutions, and other organisations in the West Midlands. It fosters collaboration by helping businesses to find partners in the area."