These are my links for September 7th through September 9th:
- DC App Store – Wonderful.
- Birmingham Post – News – West Midlands News – Birmingham City Council website goes live at last – The most disappointing comment I have ever read from a council employee: "How many of our residents are actually interested in council meetings?". I am. This from the man behind Birmingham city council's £2.8 million pound website devamp. The person who said it, Glyn Evans, director of business transformation at the council.
- Newsquest give power to the public with a set of hyper-local blogs, but have they thought out potential problems with the news model? « How to microblog in high heels – Hanah Waldram reflects on the problems of news organisations wanting to use content from hyper local blogs without thinking through either payment or protection.
- Public Strategist » Blog Archive » Innovating innovation – Part 1 – Really useful reflections on innovation in government: "There is little point saying smugly to a hard pressed operational manager that if only they stepped back from the day to day pressures they could switch to a radically better way of doing things. There may well be a radically better way – but the stepping back may be an insuperable obstacle."
- Copyright, enforcement and the creative industries: keeping ahead of the game in the 21st Century Economy | Department for Business, Innovation and Skills – Minister David Lammy talking to Americans about copyright: "more than 6 months of consultation showed me the critics are right about one thing. The mechanisms by which copyright operates are too complex. Licensing, rights clearance, getting permission to use works… these are all being challenged by the Internet and consumer expectations."